Monday, April 20, 2009

I got knew ski boots and my bindings are to small can i move my bindings to make them fit my boots?

my skis still fit and i cant afford to buy and have new bindings mounted so i want to do it myself i am a carpenter by trade so i think i can do it but not sure how to do it right

I got knew ski boots and my bindings are to small can i move my bindings to make them fit my boots?
Get yourself a flat-head screwdriver.





Find the back of the rear binding.





There should be a metal track with teeth along the center of the binding.





You should see a metal piece with holes that should be resting in the teeth.





Put the screwdriver between the teeth and the catch.





Pop the catch off the teeth.





The rear binding should now move back and forth on the track.





Move back a notch, or more, until the boot fits.





The catch sometimes will simply fall back over the teeth. If not, press down on the catch with the screwdriver.





That should do the trick.





If you max out how far back you cam move the binding, then they will have to be remounted by someone with a jig that fits your bindings...the ski shop. That should cost you about $30.
Reply:Maybe, it depends on how far out they are already adjusted.


Look for the clips on the front and back bindings, usually on the side, and move them yourself.





You still need to have your bindings tuned though, as your height and weight change, the release tension needs to be adjusted.



nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment