Monday, August 3, 2009

I just bought a new pair of skis, i had my bindings mounted for my boots, do i really need to get a wax?

Yes you should actually have them TUNED and waxed.Most ski bases come slightly concave or convex which affects the initiation of turns.At the very least have them hot waxed, only costs $10.00,a small price to pay to allow your skis to glide freely and protect your bases from friction damage.The wax that comes on the skis is just a baselayer to protect the base material in transport/storage,is very soft and will wear off quickly leaving you with sticky feeling skis.And once the wax is worn off you are wearing down your base material.

I just bought a new pair of skis, i had my bindings mounted for my boots, do i really need to get a wax?
New skis come waxed, shop shouldnt wax them, they should know better..
Reply:you can probably get one full day or riding on new skis, just depends on how many runs you do. after that i would definately get them waxed since the wax from the manufacture is really nothing



tanning

No comments:

Post a Comment