Monday, August 3, 2009

What to bring for a short ski trip?

I'll be heading up to Seven Springs, a ski resort, in a few days. I'll be up there for pretty much one day and one night.





I want to try snowboarding, so I need help on what I should bring a long for the trip.





I plan to rent a snowboard there, just for convenience, although it'll be a bit more pricey. I have snow pants, a really baggy snow jacket, hat wear, and some big gloves. I really don't want to spend extra money for a two day ski trip.





So what else should I bring? I'm thinking something about boots? But how will those go along with a snowboard and all?





What about inner wear? Should I rent or buy goggles (if they have goggles to rent at the resort)? Extra change of clothes?





Also, anything I should watch out for when snowboarding for the first time

What to bring for a short ski trip?
Don't worry about bringing boots, they rent those along with the board. Nice goggles are a good investment (plus I'm not sure if a lot of places even rent those) so just buy some before you go. If you buy them at the resort you are going to get screwed on the price.





Besides your outerwear, bring maybe 2 changes of clothes because you tend to get pretty sweaty and nasty under your jacket. It's also nice to have some "street clothes" so you can do stuff in the area while you're not boarding. Be sure you wear a few layers of pants, too. You spend a LOT of time on your butt when you are learning to board.





I'm a skier, but I tried boarding once and hated it so not really any advice for you there unfortunately! Good luck though and hopefully you'll get the hang of it!



accessories belts

No comments:

Post a Comment