Monday, August 3, 2009

What bindings will my Karhu XCD boots fit into?

I have a pair of Karhu XCD Traverse boots. They don't fit into the bindings on my skis. Of course my bindings are the same style that the boots should fit--75mm 3-pin--however, the duck-bill front is too thick and I cannot possibly close the binding. I'm getting a new pair of skis and bindings but am clueless as to what bindings are recommended for these boots...

What bindings will my Karhu XCD boots fit into?
You might have to get a different 3-pin binding that has more clearance on the bail for the boot.





I had the same problem with some Karhu boots with Rotefella bindings. I can barely get the bail to close. I have contemplated shaving down the sole a little, but I'm reluctant to possibly damage the boot.





I don't know how thick your duckbills are but here are some suggestions:





Voile Heavy-Duty Mountaineer Bindings - will fit 18-19 mm soles. $50





Rottefella Super Telemark will handle sole thicknesses from 12 to 20 mm. $50
Reply:Thanks a lot! Report It





buying

No comments:

Post a Comment