Monday, August 3, 2009

What is causing calf pain when snow skiing.?

ive tried adjusting buckles. in case circulation is a problem. it is almost like bone pain. nothing is helping. could it be boot is too high on my not petite calf. are the lower womens ski boots realy better? i have nordica boots now

What is causing calf pain when snow skiing.?
I used to get that too - then an ace trainer I had told me it is cause I leant back when going forward - haha - bingo - once I corrected that, the pain vanished ! Must have been the pressure of the back of the boot and my combined body weight digging into the calf !


Try consciously pushing your weight forward more - even when cruising downhill not doing anything in particular - and see if it helps !


oh ... I wish I could ski again ! I live in the tropics now !! All the best.
Reply:are you curling your toes? you could be...are you pulling up on your toes untill the shin is tired? If you don't ski much its probably muscle fatigue trying to balance. So slim those not so petite calfs down or bear the pain and unbuckle at the bottom after each run, look at some of the racers they crank the buckles only to let em off first thing at the bottom. If you feet are moving around in the boots you will be making things really tired and sore. skiing is harder than it looks and harder than you remember.



C++ Function

No comments:

Post a Comment