Saturday, July 25, 2009

Problems with the fit of my ski boot?

Hi, I bought my first pair of ski boots last year, they are Salomon Mynx Flex 75. They were fitted in a professional ski shop with moulded liners. When first wearing them at home I noticed some calf strain and they put heal lifts in. This seemed to help while walking around at home.





However when i went skiing I was in so much pain, even on my first run. I felt pain in various places, my calf muscles and if I tried to compensate for that i would feel strain on the right side of my ankle. I tried taking the moulded liners out and putting normal one in to see if that would help but no difference.


This was my 4th time skiing and I've never had a problem with any hired boots. I can only describe it as not feeling in control and feeling like my heels werent low enough in my boots....does that make any sense? Ive read on some sites that these boots have a lower cuff, would that contribute to feeling less secure in a boot? Anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong? Thanks

Problems with the fit of my ski boot?
How tight were your boots buckled? A loose boot does contribute to an insecure feeling, I suspect that the problem is more in your balance in your boots, if your thighs were also very sore or tired, then pull your feet more under your hips. The cuff on most ski boots is too high on the leg for a woman to be comfortable. Her calf muscle attaches lower on the leg than a man. A skier with a large calf muscle will also need to have the back of the boot shell cut lower to accommodate the calf muscle.


If you felt like your heel was not secure in the boot, was it not supported, or loose? The typical ski boot fitting process takes from 4 hours in the shop to several days of skiing.


Go back to the shop who sold them to you and insist on modifications. Make a pest of yourself until the fit is correct.


Too many skiers think that they can ski in a loose boot, it ain't so.


Hope this helps.
Reply:I think that your bootfitter might have messed something up pretty badly. Take them to a different shop and have them look at it. There's really no way to tell what's wrong without seeing the boot.



books

No comments:

Post a Comment