Friday, July 31, 2009

Who is the best ski boot fitter in the los angeles area?

Check out the guys at Stefan Kaelin Ski in Newport Beach. They have a huge amount of boots as well as every foot bed and liner option around. I use to only go to steamboat to get my work done. No more. All these guys do is boots. Great prices compared to the hill and great fitters. They hooked me up and with both my race boots and my freeride boots, my feet have never been happier. On top of that the guys then met us up on the hill and guess what they can actually ski. Talk to Mike- He was a mogul racer from Tahoe and Jeff- Fitting Pro, They will get you dialed in.

Who is the best ski boot fitter in the los angeles area?
i am
Reply:Not sure which type of fitting you need. Comfort or performance?





For performance, I started by replacing my foot beds with orthotics. Not the cork type (the type that are vacuumed to your feet with a bag), but the graphite composite type that require an impression of your feet. I found a guy in Claremont on First St.; I think his shoe shop is called Everett's? He skis and knows how makes orthotics for ski boots. He also knows how to grind liners to get rid of hot spots. If needed I will look up his address for you.





After you take care of the insides of your boots then you can do the outside bottoms of your boots. For this I go to Foot Loose in Mammoth. I'm not sure of the guys name that does it, but if he's not there they will not have anyone else do it. He's great at finding out how many degrees pronate or supinated you are in each boot. After calculating the degrees he plane the bottom of your boots to make your ski set flat. This is the best way to do it. The other way is to have your bindings shimmed, but that will leave you with having to make one of your skis a left and the other a right.





This is very costly, but it will get you on a flat ski, which will make your edging much faster.





If it's comfort that you're looking for, then I can't help you with that. I ski in pain all day long, and just suck it up.



dog skin problem

No comments:

Post a Comment